Haya Labs Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera, Witania sluggish) – a plant known as Indian ginseng due to adaptogenic properties, i.e. increasing the body’s resistance to stress factors. Used in traditional eastern medicine and ayurveda, where it is treated as a drug for rheumatism, exhaustion, sexual dysfunction and memory impairment. It contains many active substances, including witanolides, which are pharmacologically active compounds – they have sedative, anticancer, cytotoxic and hypotensive properties.
Ashwagandha has a beneficial effect on the hormonal profile:
Vitanolids from the ashwagandha extract are structurally very similar to endogenous sex hormones, among others testosterone, estrogen, androstenedione or DHEA, thanks to which they work actively in the endocrine system.
One of the scientific experiments showed that supplementation of ashwagandha root for 6 months resulted in an increase in testosterone levels by 114-140% in men with fertility disorders.
Another scientific study showed an increase in testosterone concentration in the range of 10-22%, and at the same time a catabolic cortisol (stress hormone) reduction on average by 48% which also gives an extremely positive effect, because it is known that testosterone to cortisol is responsible for aesthetics muscular figure and physical strength.
Subsequent studies confirm the beneficial effect of ashwagandha root on the hormonal system by:
– increase in testosterone and DHEA levels
– absolute drop in cortisol (this is confirmed by a lot of research)
– counteracting adrenal disease, ie Cushing’s syndrome
– suppression of symptoms of chronic stress
– activation of anabolic processes in bone tissue, preventing osteoporosis
Ashwagandha improves mood:
Hello, lethargy is widely appreciated for the mood-enhancing, anti-stress, anxiolytic, antidepressant, improving the adaptation to the environment, increasing self-confidence, extroversion and openness to new experiences.
Its properties are due to the ability to sensitize serotonin (5-HT) receptors, so that the same amount of serotonin by binding to a specific receptor acts more strongly and efficiently, i.e. increases the frequency of nerve impulses on serotoninergic pathways.
Ashwagandha supports effort and work on the figure:
So far, several scientific experiments have been carried out in the field of the effect of supplementation with vitreous vomiting on exercise parameters and body aesthetics in athletes as well as in ordinary people.
The use of 500 mg of ashwagandha extract for 8 weeks resulted in 7.6% improvement in muscle strength and 6.6% increase in aerobic capacity in physically inactive young people of both sexes.
Another experiment on 18 young volunteers (18-30 years) after 30 days of supplementation resulted in an increase in muscle strength by 6%, an increase in muscle mass by 1.8 kg and a simultaneous fat loss by 2.3%.
Conclusion: ashwagandha increases strength and muscle mass, improves aerobic capacity and supports the reduction of unnecessary adipose tissue.
Other properties of Ashwagandha:
– reduces the level of glucose in the blood, works on diabetes
– partially regenerates the loss of dyes in the hair, counteracts graying
– stimulates the activity of the thyroid gland, preventing hypothyroidism
– stimulates the immune system, ie it increases phagocytosis and macrophage activity
– improves blood parameters (raises the level of hemoglobin)
– regulates the lipid profile (reduces cholesterol, triglycerides, LDL and raises HDL level)
Therapeutic uses of ashwagandhy:
– insomnia, difficulty falling asleep, intermittent sleep
– memory and association disorders
– anxiety-depressive states, neurosis, excessive stress, migraine
– difficulties with adaptation to the environment, shyness to people, antisociety
2 capsules a day.